This is a new idea that I’ve thought of. It’s designed to encourage (1) the reading of good Christian books and (2) the discussion of good Christian books/theology/life. Here’s how it works.
1. You choose a book from my library. Either come to my place or look online.
2. You give me a $20 deposit, and I give you the book to borrow.
3. You read the book on your own time, and when you finish, you return it to me.
4. I give you back your $20 deposit, and treat you to lunch/dinner with a few friends to talk about what you learned from the book.
5. You tell others about the book and the system and everybody is happy, full, and encouraged
Let me know if you want to give it a try!